Monday 14 July 2014

NEW! Morrisons' 'Chocolate Marshmallow Cup'



On my last trip to Morrisons I was looking for something chocolate-y and sweet to take home with me to devour, and luckily I came across a new range of 'really good puds' that Morrisons' have recently introduced.

Of course me being the chocoholic that I am, my eyes were immediately drawn to the 'Marshmallow Chocolate Cups'.....

'Morrisons' Marshmallow Chocolate Cups'

They look tasty don't they?.....

Well I certainly thought so!.....At the price of £1.99 for two portions I didn't think they were too bad! So I popped them in my trolley and off I went looking forward to devouring one that evening!
The box contains two 'marshmallow chocolate cups' and is described as;

 'Mini Coffee cups packed with creamy chocolate sauce on a chocolatey biscuit base, topped with gooey marshmallow froth and a dusting of cocoa'

To say that I was disappointed when I realised that the 'cups' were not actual edible would be a huge understatement!!.....I think there is definitely an issue with misadvertising here, as on appearance you are led to believe that the product is a 'marshmallow chocolate cup'. When in reality it's marshmallow and chocolate INSIDE a cup.

'183 Kcal per 61g cup'

However, after getting over the initial disappointment that I wouldn't be able to consume the actual cup....the dessert did actually taste really nice! The dessert appeared to be 'layered' inside the cup, with a biscuit base at the bottom, followed by a layer of chocolate sauce/mousse and then topped with marshmallow froth.

'£1.99 for 2 portions'

My favourite part of the dessert was definitely the marshmallow froth at the top! It was light, sweet and tasted divine! And it gave a nice added sweetness to the chocolate mousse layer following it!...The biscuit base at the bottom tasted alright, it's nothing to scream in joy about, but it tasted good and added a bit of depth and texture to the cup.

Overall, I really enjoyed this dessert! The addition of the little chocolate stick and dusting of cocoa at the top was a nice touch, and the marshmallow froth tasted amazing. However, I couldn't help but feel let down that the cup wasn't actually edible! That would have taken the dessert to a whole new level and made me want to buy it again and again! 

Would I buy this again? Maybe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read & appreciate every one of them!