Tuesday 22 October 2013

Mega Review! Brain Blasterz Sour Sweets


I thought I'd start my review today with the amazing tagline for these 'Brain Blasterz' sweets above!

'Warning! Not for Babies, Wimps, Adults' 

Suffice to say, after trying this range of sweets I have decided that I may be a wimp!
 However, the concept of these super sour sweets is a great one, and absolutely amazing for children! I can definitely vouch for my little cousins when I say that they absolutely adored them!

"Brain Blasterz is the mega sour confectionery brand from Europes leading licensed confectionery manufacturer Bon Bon Buddies Ltd.
Following the successful launch of Brain Blasterz mega sour confectionery range in 2011 the brand has gone from strength to strength, sending taste buds tingling across key markets including Europe, UK and the Middle East as the growth in demand for sour confectionery continues!
With the majority of products ranging from RRP £0.25p to £0.99p, this range of pocket-money priced mega sour novelty confectionery has proved to be very popular with the kids, who love the mega sour nature of the brand, and the fact that the brand is not for Babies, Wimps or Adults". 

-Taken from; www.brainblasterz.com 


Now onto the review! I was pleasantly surprised to be contacted by the lovely people at Brain Blasterz and asked if I would like to review some of they're products! Of course I said yes and not even 48 hours later the postman was knocking at my door with a big parcel filled with deliciously sour goodies!
Upon opening my parcel, I was delightfully surprised with the bright, bold and fun packaging of these sweets! Now if there are any other wimpy people out there similar to me, don't worry these sweets aren't all super sour, they have a 'sourness' rating, which means some of these sweets are insanely sour and some are really sweet! So i'll do my reviews today like a sliding scale of sourness starting with the nice and sweet ones for us wimps...leading up to the insanely sour for the unruly children!

So first up we have the Brain Blasterz 'Candy Blitz' (RRP £0.69)

Apple & Strawberry Flavour Candy Blitz

'Apple and Strawberry Flavour Candy Blitz'
I really enjoyed these 'Candy Blitz' sweets! They are very similar to the Wonka Nerds, but I found myself enjoying these flavours much more as they tasted much more defined than the Wonka alternative!
I found myself hesitant at first tasting the apple flavour, and spent most of my time emptying out the strawberry flavoured compartment, but as soon as I tasted the apple I was pleasantly surprised at how sweet it was! I was expecting it to have a really sour apple taste, but it was surprisingly sweet!

Lemon & Raspberry Flavour Candy Blitz

'Lemon and Raspberry Flavour Candy Blitz'
I much preferred the Apple and Strawberry flavour to this Lemon and Raspberry flavour, but I still did enjoy them! I found the raspberry flavour very similar to the strawberry flavour but with a slight more sourness to it, and the lemon flavour tasted a bit too sweet and sickly for my liking!

Strawberry Sour Straps


Next we have these Brain Blasterz 'Sour Straps' (RRP £1.49)
These are definitely my favourite sweets of the bunch! The strawberry flavour is sweet and tangy, and the little sour crystals coating each strap give it that extra sugary sweet taste! They also come in apple flavour, but I'm so glad I was sent the Strawberry version! They are fab!

 Apple Sour Straws


These Apple sour straws are definitely some of the best sweets Brain Blasterz do! (RRP £1.49).
Once again, looking at these apple sour straws I was hesitant about tasting them, I thought they were going to be extremely sour, especially since they were apple flavoured, and apple is renowned for being particularly sour in sweets!
However, once again I was proved wrong and I found that I loved them! The apple flavour helped give these sweets a little 'tang' but didn't make them taste too sour....which is exactly how I like my sweets! So this is a definite thumbs up for us wimps! These 'sour straws' also come in a strawberry flavour which I look forward to tasting!

Brain Blasterz 'Oozing Brain Gum'



 Now this is where we start moving up the sourness scale of the Brain Blasterz range of sweets....so be warned!


Each pack contains around 13 individually sealed chewing gums!


RRP (£0.99)
 Before we start on the taste I just need to point out how amazing the packaging for these sweets are! I love how all the chewing gum is packed into a massive brain shaped box! It really symbolises they're name 'oozing brain gum'.
 Onto the taste! These chewing gums definitely live up to their 'oozing' name! The chewing gums are very sticky once taken out of their little packets, and the gooey filling is extremely sour! Sour enough to make you cringe! However, after a few moments the sour taste gives way to the sweetness of the surrounding chewing gum. And for the fantastic price of £0.99p you can't go wrong!

Brain Blasterz 'Candy Sprays'
'Raspberry, Apple & Strawberry flavour sprays'

These candy sprays are extremely fun.....and sour! They come in three different flavours; apple, strawberry and raspberry. On a sourness scale I would definitely say the raspberry flavour is the worst! I was shocked as I thought the apple or strawberry would have the strongest taste....so silly me snapped up the raspberry flavour and sprayed a few squirts in my mouth.....then nearly keeled over at the overload of tastes on my tongue!



My little cousins however were amazed over this product! They loved the sour tastes and came up with a competition over who could last the most number of sprays without pulling a face....safe to say I barely lasted three! These sprays are tongue tingly brilliant and an amazing little treat for children, all for a fantastic RRP £0.69p  per spray!

Now we reach the finale of these sour sweets....and these next sweets are definitely right at the top of the sourness scale!

Brain Blasterz 'Mega Sour Container'




Behold the sourness sweets of all sourness! These deadly sweets are Brain Blasterz best sellers and it's not hard to figure out why!
These deadly tubs contain approximately 13 individually wrapped hard candies in 4 different flavours -Raspberry, Watermelon, Apple and Lemon.
Now these sweets definitely surpass my tolerance for sour sweets, but for the sake of this review (and the constant begging from my little cousins) I gave in, manned up and tried the worst flavour of all: Lemon!


As soon as this little hard candy hit my tongue my taste buds were on fire with the sour coating and after popping it in and out of my mouth for a few minutes (because i am a giant wimp and can't handle it for the full time in my mouth) I was rewarded with a nice sweet, fruity lemon flavour. However, I wasn't completely out of the woods, as my little cousins failed to tell me in the middle of each sweet is a further sour filling! So after having my mouth set alight with sourness! I can safely say that although these sweets taste good, and are fun... I will not be trying them again! Which was a bonus for my cousins as they had cleaned out the container by the end of the day, and thoroughly enjoyed them!


So although these sweets are extremely sour, and not for wimps like me, my little cousins loved them and for a RRP £0.99 I will definitely be stocking up on some of these as stocking fillers for the family!
You can also check out the 'Straight Face Challenge' on Brain Blasterz YouTube channel, where fans send in clips of themselves attempting to keep a straight face whilst sucking one one (or more) of these mega sour candies! You can check that out here. 

Overall, I am a huge fan of these sweets! They are definitely the type of fun sweets you can enjoy and play games with all the family, and for my fellow wimps out there not all of them are sour! I will definitely be investing in some more of the strawberry sour straps in the near future!

If you guys want more information on these sweets and other sweets Brain Blasterz have to offer and where they are currently stocked, you can check out their awesome website here.

And follow them on Facebook here and Twitter here, for more information, games, quizzes and exciting competitions where the prizes are extremely sour!


I recieved this product in order to produce an honest review, and all views/opinions expressed are completely my own.


Would I buy these again? YES...the Brain Blasterz Brain Gunk looks particularly tempting!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read & appreciate every one of them!