Sunday 20 October 2013

'Almondy' Authentic Swedish Tarta with Daim

So as a follow up to my previous post in which I reviewed Almondy's Toblerone tarta here, I promised I would review the Daim tarta as soon as I was able to get my hands on it! And luckily Asda had one box left in the frozen aisle! So of course I snapped it up and here's my review!



Firstly, I must say I love the packaging Almondy have for their frozen dessert range! They definitely stand out when on the shelf and the design is amazing too! Just looking at a slice of the tarta on the front already has my mouth watering!
Almondy are Swedish confectioners and have (luckily for us) brought they're range of frozen desserts over to the UK from Germany! They have a full range of delicious looking Tarta's ranging from the fabulous Almondy Toblerone tarta to their best seller: Almondy Daim tarta! Which I will be reviewing today!

Almondy started baking and producing their Daim tarta in 2001 and it quickly became they're bestseller with Swedes consuming each year, around 1,000,000 Daim cakes! Which equates to roughly 115 cakes every hour! How amazing is that?

460Kcal per 100g serving 

Described as "A cake lover's favourite! Almondy with Daim combines our irresistible almond base with a golden cream and crunchy almond caramel, all deliciously coated with in a smooth milk chocolate" 
And further more; At least 30% of the cocoa originates from Rainforest Alliance Certified™ farms, conserving biodiversity and ensuring sustainable livelihoods for workers and farmers.

This 400g Daim tarta is made to be cut into 6-8 slices, and if my readers are anything like me they're wondering how long this takes to defrost before they can dig in? Well, I'm happy to say for one slice, it should take 10 minutes at room temperature and for the full cake a measly 30 minutes!


Now onto the taste! 
First things first! I can definitely see why this tarta is they're best seller! It is absolutely gorgeous!
For anyone who read my review of Almondy's Toblerone tarta, they will know that I mentioned how the biscuit base 'wasn't anything special'....well the biscuit base for this tarta is amazing, especially since this dessert has been frozen! The biscuit is nice and soft, but not dry it's perfectly moist....you wouldn't be able to tell that this has come out of the freezer!
The best part of this tarta for me has to be the golden cream and crunchy almond caramel, it taste delicious! It's not to sweet and overwhelming that it makes the cake sickly, it creates the perfect balance with the biscuit and then the addition of the crunchy Daim pieces on top of everything just adds to the perfection!

Overall, I think this has got to be one of my favourite frozen desserts ever! All the elements of this tarta blend together perfectly to create absolute perfection in the mouth! I would recommend this dessert to anyone reading my review right now! It's well worth the £2.99 it costs in Asda!
Plus, one of my favourite things about these desserts is not only that the cocoa originates from Rainforest Alliance Certified Farms, but that these tarta's (and all of Almondy's frozen desserts) are naturally free from Gluten, thus can be enjoyed by people with coeliac disease and those with a gluten allergy!

If you guys want any more information on this delicious Daim tarta, or any of Almondy's other frozen dessert they have a fantastic website here, so check it out!

Would I buy this again? 100% YES.


2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of this tart too, I always get some when it's on special offer at Morrisons! I keep hoping they'll do another variety...maybe something minty or orangey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read & appreciate every one of them!