Thursday 18 July 2013

Rolo Chocolate Bar

For my review today I thought I'd give a review of the 'relatively new' Rolo chocolate bar as I have yet to try it!

'More to share as the Rolo turns into a bar'

This 100g chocolate bar is Nestle's new take on the original rolo's and comes described as 'a chocolate block with a caramel centre'. The price seems locked at £1 and the bar comes fashioned in a 5x2 shape, whilst containing 509 calories per bar.


Aesthetically the bar looks very tempting, with what seems to be a wider, more flattened 'original rolo' on top of each square as shown above.


It's worth mentioning that when handling the bar, and snapping of a piece, the bar seems to be really soft and melts very, very quickly so I was left with a sticky mess which isn't pleasant, nor what anyone would like from a chocolate bar.
Taste-wise, the chocolate tastes like the usual creamy Nestle milk chocolate so no issues there and the caramel inside is a lot more gooey than the original rolo's.....which I think is a nice touch inside the bar as it mixes well with the milky chocolate.

Overall, I think the chocolate bar tastes good...however, the mess that seems to come from handling the chocolate puts me off, and I rather prefer the original tube of rolo's! There are some much tastier versions of other chocolates turned into chocolate bars out there, such as the new Maltesers Teasers bar.


Would I buy this again? Maybe



2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about there being so many other fabulous flavours that they could have made into bars! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. disgusting bar, tastes the worst ive ever tried. overly sweet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I read & appreciate every one of them!